woensdag 30 juli 2014

Eva (10)



I received two letters from Eva, which had something in common. A Lion, a Cow with four horns... Does there ring a bell already?
Not with me, although I recognized the cow from Eva's Vache Qui Rit postal project. And the Lion, the shy way he looked, reminded me of a book I've seen years ago. But what would be the match between them?



The words Eva had written outside and inside, made it all clear: both weird animals are characters from the famous story 'Wizard of Oz'. Because the book I had read in the past only was a shortened version, I had missed this uncommon cow. I thought. But from the internet I learned that Imogene the (sometimes two-, sometimes four-horned) cow originated from a later moment, the stage adaptation in 1902, and not from the novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz which had been written in 1900.
So I am educated thanks to mail art! And we will learn even more, by watching Eva's new mail art project which is about the Wizard of Oz!

Hereby everyone is invited to join one of her - or both! - postal projects: the VQR Postal Project, and the Oz Postcard Project.



Thank you very much, moltes gràcies, Eva!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten